Family Program Straight & Narrow Inc.
Adult Residential Services
Rules and Regulations for Visitors
The objective of the Straight & Narrow family program is to provide information, skills, and knowledge about addiction and recovery and to assist attendees with the application of this information into their lives.
- All authorized visitors must attend a one hour psycho-educational family session before visiting
- Psycho-educational session begin at 1:00 PM. Visitors will not be admitted or permitted to visit if they are 15 minutes late (1:15 PM) visiting between the hours of 2 PM and 4 PM
- Visits are held on Saturday for Alpha II in Secaucus and Sunday afternoons for Alpha I & III and the adult men's units
Visitation at Straight & Narrow is scheduled to begin after 30 days in treatment. Visits are held at our 508 Straight Street, Paterson, NJ location on Sundays according to the attached schedule and Saturdays at the Alpha Secaucus site according to the attached.
Parking is available at are lot on Straight Street next to the 410 Building or in the back of the 508 building. Please enter the 508 building in Paterson from the back parking lot.
You will be mailed a “Visitor Authorization” pass if you are an approved visitor. Please bring this pass with you to each visit. If you do not have your pass with you, please let a staff member know as soon as you arrive. Photo identification may be required.
Private Family & Couples Counseling
Private family or couples counseling sessions may be available. Please inquire about online video counseling and in person sessions.
No one under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be permitted to visit. If you are suspected of being under the influence, you will be asked to take a breathalyzer and/or urine test. Refusal to take either will revoke your visiting privileges indefinitely
Packages may be given to clients in the following way:
- Packages may be mailed to 396 Straight Street or dropped off there on weekdays:
Straight & Narrow, Inc.
P.O. Box # 2738
Paterson, N.J. 07503
- Print client’s full name on outside of all packages
- For security purposes, all packages are opened and searched in the client’s presence before they are turned over to the client
- Checks and money orders are not accepted at visits. Please mail checks and money orders to the address above.